j

j

  • I believe that every country and culture has invaluable perspectives and lessons to teach us.
  • My personal journey is equally guided by traveling and educational opportunities.
  • This is where I share my experiences and photographs as I wander and learn.

Thursday, December 19, 2013

So much to say, so little time left!

I have the "I'M SO CLOSE TO LEAVING" jitters.
Therefore: 2 1/2 of my suitcases are packed. . . 
and I'm feeling more excited than anything else.



no tears have been shed yet. . .
Although I came close 
when a student gave me a "Finding Nemo" DVD, a picture of himself 
and this note:

Several of my classes have performed Christmas carols. . . some of whom, seemed to enjoy them. ;)


I will (hopefully) be remembered 
thanks to the collection of American comic books
 i donated to the school 
and the "2013 memories" movie I put together for everyone.

 <-HAHA!! 
oh the sorrows of 6th grade

(I'm secretly really sad at the thought of not being remembered,
 but now that I think about it, 
I very clearly and fondly remember my kindergarten teacher. . . 
and all of my students are older than that!)
PHEW!



I'm caught up in the whirl wind of making sure I do everything that needs to be done...
Monday will be my saving grace, because Onion has planned for all of my elementary students to have christmas/goodbye parties then.
(sparing me prior tears)



This weekend will involve stuffing my face with "shabu shabu"
--a DELICIOUS 3-5 course korean meal--
 and then a Christmas Pub Crawl with a few of my closest friends. . . 
and about 80 other expats.
should be a fun way to end this crazy wonderful year.


Well, I guess I'm reaching the point where I should save some stories and photos for when I return!
See you in FOUR DAYS - - AMURICA!

No comments:

Post a Comment