j

j

  • I believe that every country and culture has invaluable perspectives and lessons to teach us.
  • My personal journey is equally guided by traveling and educational opportunities.
  • This is where I share my experiences and photographs as I wander and learn.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Europe: 7 Countries in 31 Days.

My favorites from out of 700+ photos...

Greece

Greece was my absolute favorite place on the trip.  This picture shows ancient agora ruins, the acropolis atop the hill and a tiny little greek flag... and although this image might seem to encapsulate many aspects of Greece, it barely scratches the surface.
(Sadly,  I accidentally deleted the rest of my photos during our last day there.)

Italy
(I didn't include a picture of the colosseum because it isn't very photogenic due to never-ending reconstruction)
 The Pantheon
PASTA!
The Vatican
YUM!


 The woman seems to be saying: "Is anyone going to do anything about... that?"
Firenze:  Florence
 Favorite city in Italy.
 Poseidon (the bird seemed to think everyone was taking pictures of him)
 Cinque Terre: "five (coastal) cities"


Venice

Switzerland
Scenic albeit rainy days in the Alps.

Wilderswil ~ Interlaken


Germany
 München: Munich
 Hofbräuhaus: German Beer House/Restaurant
House Museum
Berlin Wall
 Brandenburg Gate: (entrance to Berlin)

 Hamburg


 Koblenz


Czech Republic
 Astronomical Clock
 Praha: Prague

Such a variety of architecture!
Trdelnik: Hollow Sugar Bread
"benevolence"
Very Popular Tourist destination.

Cathedral within a fortress
 Castle in the countryside
Reenactment Parade!

The Netherlands
 Amsterdam
A highlight was the Science Museum and Anne Frank House... (no photos)
I wasn't very compelled to take pictures in Amsterdam...

Belgium
Wow, I literally took zero pictures in Belgium with my camera.
Oops.

France

Notre Dame
 Stained Glass is stunning and extremely difficult to capture in a photograph.

 Paris: the ultimate destination wedding spot for Koreans...?
 Anything for a photograph...
 "Locks of Love"
Nothing says 'romance' like a French metal tower.

England
 London!

 "Big Ben": (the bell inside the clock tower)
 "Piccadilly Circus": not a real circus... but oddly there were some acrobats involved.

 Pony Police
 Not a great picture but had to:
Mike got volunteered to help our tour guide demonstrate how the British punish traitors.
 Buckingham Palace... not at all what I expected.
 Back Story: a French modern artist wanted to display a penis statue on that podium but for some reason the British Government didn't like that idea, so she erected this blue ...cock instead.
hehehe
Our last day in London= The World Cup 2014 opening day!



No comments:

Post a Comment