j

j

  • I believe that every country and culture has invaluable perspectives and lessons to teach us.
  • My personal journey is equally guided by traveling and educational opportunities.
  • This is where I share my experiences and photographs as I wander and learn.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

New Mexico & Colorado Road Trip (with Kim & Steve)

 Visiting the tiny old church in Albuquerque town square

 Albuquerque, NM - Doesn't look like much, and I'd say that's pretty accurate (Haha!)

The top of the first peak ^ is a very small cabin built by the people who originally installed the hiking trails and ski lodges... Can you see it?
 We cheated and took the tram up to the top of Sandia Peak and we were glad we did.

Next stop: Santa Fe, NM
 Petrified wood and live glass blowing at the very colorful "Jackalope" store






Markets and Art shops around every corner
 Gotta love a morbid sense of humor :-)
I love how New Mexico really embraces the historic Pueblo architecture 







"A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Melania Trump
To my surprise, I found myself saying "I could live here!!!" while in Santa Fe.
(Loved it)
Onward to Colorado!



 Open air train car to Silverton!

 Fun little "old" town albeit, extremely touristy.

Rocky Mountain National Park, CO


 Weird / cute wannabe groundhog aka Marmot 

Can you spot the lake? :-)





 Elk.

Denver Botanical Gardens
(can you tell my parents love nature?)

^ *Fave. picture* ^



This last image takes me back to South Korea...
it's amazing how something as simple as a flower can evoke such a strong sense of "homesickness"
 for a place far away, where I may never live in again~
Final Thoughts
  • Santa Fe > Albuquerque
  • Just having to SPELL Albuquerque pisses me off ( Haha! )
  • Colorado lives up to the hype, but $$$
  • Nature is cool.
  • I have so much love for Korea.
  • My parents are rad for letting me ride along, thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment